Nina Kostroff Noble, aka Nina K. Noble, is an American television producer. She was an executive producer for The Wire.
Before entering television she worked extensively in film. Initially she was a production assistant and then became a second assistant director after joining the Directors Guild of America in 1984. She worked as a freelance assistant director for ten years and worked with several notable film-makers including Alan Parker, Paul Mazursky, Ron Shelton, Stephen Frears, Paul Verhoeven and Ivan Reitman. In 1995 she began producing and production managing television projects for Barry Levinson and Tom Fontana. They introduced her to writer David Simon in 1999 when he was developing his book The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighborhood for the HBO network. She collaborated with Simon and Robert F. Colesberry to produce the Emmy award-winning The Corner for HBO.
Noble continued her collaboration with Simon and Colesberry on their next project The Wire. She was involved from the beginning and was credited as a producer for the show's first season. She retained her role for the show's second season and her credit was upgraded to co-executive producer. For the third and fourth season she was credited as executive producer alongside Simon. She continued in this role for the fifth and final season.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Nina K. Noble Biography. HBO (2007). Retrieved on 2007-10-17.
- ↑ The Wire season 1 crew. HBO (2007). Retrieved on 2007-10-14.
- ↑ The Wire season 2 crew. HBO (2007). Retrieved on 2007-10-14.
- ↑ The Wire season 3 crew. HBO (2007). Retrieved on 2007-10-14.
- ↑ The Wire season 4 crew. HBO (2007). Retrieved on 2007-10-14.
- ↑ The Wire season 5 crew. HBO (2007). Retrieved on 2007-12-12.
- ↑ Cast & Crew - Michael Kostroff as Maurice "Maury" Levy. HBO (2008). Retrieved on 2008-01-15.
- ↑ Character profile - Maurice "Maury" Levy. HBO (2008). Retrieved on 2008-01-15.